The technology and thermal principle of the thermal gasket are introduced
The thermal conductive gasket is a high-performance gap filling thermal conductive materials, mainly used in electronic equipment and heat sink or product transfer interface between the shell and the heat thermal conductive materials for more traditional use metals such as Ag, Cu, A1 and metal oxides such as A12O3, MgO style, BeO and other non-metallic materials such as graphite, carbon black, but with the development of the industry and science and technology, put forward new requirements for thermally conductive materials, hope material has the excellent comprehensive performance. Due to the rapid development of integration technology and assembly technology in the field of electrical and electronics, the volume of electronic components and logic circuits is reduced by thousands of times. Therefore, insulation materials with higher thermal conductivity are needed to solve the problem of heat dissipation. In recent decades, the application of polymer materials has been expanding, and the use of synthetic polymer materials to replace the metal materials used in traditional industries has become one of the world's scientific research efforts.
i. What is the heat-conducting gasket made of?
The thermal gasket is synthesized by using silica gel as the base material, adding certain metal oxide and various thermal conductive auxiliary materials. The thermal conductive gasket is a polymer composite thermal conductive material that is made of silicone resin and filled with thermal conductive powder.
Ii. Production base material:
1, insulation thermal materials powder: magnesium oxide, alumina, boron nitride, beryllium oxide, aluminum nitride, quartz, and other organic silicon plasticizers
2. Flame retardant: magnesium hydroxide, aluminum hydroxide
3. Inorganic colorant (used to fill the product with a specific color)
4. Cross-linking agent (make the product attached with microviscosity)
5. Catalyst (Process forming requirements)
Note: The heat-conducting gasket plays a heat-conducting role, forming a good heat-conducting path between the heating element and the heat dissipating device and filling the gap
Iii. Fillers include the following metal and inorganic fillers:
1. Metal powder packing: copper powder, aluminum powder, iron powder, tin powder, nickel powder, etc.;
2. Metal oxides: alumina, bismuth oxide, beryllium oxide, magnesium oxide, zinc oxide;
3. Metal nitrides: aluminum nitride, boron nitride, and silicon nitride;
4. Inorganic nonmetals: graphite, silicon carbide, carbon fiber, carbon nanotubes, graphene, beryllium carbide, etc
Iv. Working Principle:
1. The heat conduction mechanism of metal packing. The heat conduction of metal packing mainly depends on the electron motion, and the corresponding heat is transferred in the process of the electron motion
2. Mechanism of thermal conductivity of nonmetallic fillers. The thermal conductivity of nonmetallic fillers mainly depends on phonon thermal conductivity, and its thermal diffusion rate mainly depends on the vibration of adjacent atoms or binding groups. Including metal oxides, carbides, and nitride, etc
General conclusion: the thermal conductivity of the thermal gasket depends on the interaction between the polymer and thermal filler. The heat conduction mechanism of different kinds of fillers is different